EoID Ltd (“hexology”, “We”) understands that you take your privacy seriously. We do, too. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with hexology’s Services. To that end, we have developed the following documents:
- Privacy 101 page, a concise and easy to read way to learn about privacy on the Services and the guiding principles that inform how we develop the Services and the decisions we make.
What Personal Information Does Hexology Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday and/or Twitter username, and location. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customising the advertising and content you and your friends see (including Hexology or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with a Services ID, your email (when you log into the Services) and optionally a phone number, and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of our apps may be used to customise the content you and your friends see in another of our apps. Additionally, if you use a Service without logging into that Service on a device and later log into a Service on that device, Hexology will combine information that was collected about your use of the Service in a logged-out state with your Services account. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Children under 13: The Services are not directed to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
How is My Information Shared?
- Your Information: Users of Hexology can see, your name, profile photo, your bio, hometown, and links to your Twitter account (if you have connected this account to your Hexology account), content you write, photos you post, videos you add from YouTube, audio you add from Soundcloud and which Hexology Services you use.
- Users can see your publicly available information and you can see the publicly available information of other users, as described below (under “Publicly Available Information and Apps”).
- Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in any content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a TV show, a TV personality, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you visit a particular location your visits may be shared with that location in order for that location to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous/or anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- Publicly Available Information and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, photos, lists that you create and save, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties. We may also share or disclose aggregated and/or anonymous data (that does not identify an individual user), to third parties, for analytical or other purposes.
- Vendors/Contractors: We employ other companies and people, such as independent vendors and contractors, to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them in order form them to provide services to us. We do not authorise such vendors and contractors to use your Personal Information for their own benefit and we request that they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining your location – The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations). This information is NOT shared with others. Also, the Services use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ to provide the Services, including to send you notifications of interesting things etc. near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the Hexology app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Sharing Location with the Hexology app – Your real-time location is not shared on the Hexology app. If you write and post content, like or otherwise interact with a place, users may infer that you have been to that location. Some content, are time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a place even though that content can be posted when you aren’t at the place you have posted about.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
We may provide you with the ability to log into the Service using your existing social media accounts, such as Twitter. We do not control such social media services, your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not Hexology. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on the Service. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Hexology and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, Hexology provides services, or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognise when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Hexology or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Hexology goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Hexology and Others: We may release your information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hexology, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
We may work with advertisers or other partners and advertising service providers to serve ads to you on our Services, or on a third party website or app, that may be relevant to you based on your inferred interests, interaction with our Services or location.
In connection with the foregoing, we, our partners, and our advertising service providers receive information through our Services, unaffiliated websites and apps and through various advertising exchanges, platforms and ad networks, including by bidding on advertising inventory on unaffiliated sites and apps directly or by working with other partners and advertising service providers. This information may include information about your activity on the Services or on unaffiliated websites and apps, including information received from a web browser, operating system, or device (including such things as the web address of a web page visited, the address of the referring or exit web pages, and the data and time of those visits; information about the browser type and browser settings; information about the operating system, device model, and carrier; location information; IP addresses; mobile device and advertising identifiers such as Apple IDFA or Google Advertising ID; and cookie information, pixel or other similar technology).
We combine the information described above with additional demographic, location and other interest-based segment data, along with cookie information, from third parties to provide services to our customers such as tools to enable the display of targeted advertisements to users, including across a user’s devices, and tools to allow them to understand the effectiveness of advertising campaigns (e.g., we use the information we receive to determine the probability that a desktop web cookie and a mobile device belong to the same user and may use this information to provide advertising, analytics or other services). We may share this information and other information with advertisers or other partners and advertising service providers for purposes such as to serve advertisements, and to measure advertisement conversion and effectiveness in the ordinary course of our business. We may share such information with third parties advertising partners in an aggregated form as part of a segment of users or in a de-identified form, but we would not share such information in a manner that specifically identifies you to an advertiser. We will retain this information we receive for as long as your Services account is active or as needed to provide the advertising services. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Any individual (whether or not they are a registered user of Hexology) can opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements on their mobile device by using the DAA’s “AppChoices application available at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to access the opt-outs of other online advertising companies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at http://www.aboutads.info/choices or, for interest-based advertising in apps, by using the DAA’s “AppChoices application” available at http://http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to “Limit Ad Tracking” in the system settings and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” in the system settings.
Your Hexology account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorised access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Hexology endeavours to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Hexology cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Please note that our Services are hosted on computer servers in the United Kingdom. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United Kingdom. As a result, the United Kingdom government, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United Kingdom. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information from your home country, including the United Kingdom, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Hexology allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user settings page (except usage information, which can be accessed in the “History” tab). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, content you create)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can write to us using our contact form.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you can ask us to remove it by writing to us using our contact form.
If you terminate your account, your profile, including your any content you create, will be removed from the Service and eventually deleted from Hexology’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Hexology, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain information as required by applicable law and we will not delete any information that has already been aggregated or anonymised.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
You can remove/change content or information that you have posted on the Services on your account and profile through the Services or you can ask us to remove it by writing to us using our contact form. Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message using our contact form. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.